Noah's Friends is a self sustaining advocacy group for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities who are 16 years of age or older. The purpose of Noah's Friends is to keep these individuals socially healthy and active in the community.
Noah's Friends Bowling League:
- Noah's Friends Bowling League is open to any person with I/DD 16 and up. We currently bowl around 30 Sundays out of the year.
- Bowlers pay $2 each week and Noah's Friends matches their $2. Bowlers arrive at the bowling alley between 6:30 and 7:00 to pay and get their shoes. Then we have about 10 minutes to warm up before bowling two games.
- The scores are kept for each game and are used to determine league scoring.
- We have a bowling banquet once a year to award the highest scores, averages, pins over average, etc for the two bowling seasons during the year.
- A select number of bowlers are also chosen to go to the state Special Olympics each year to compete against other bowlers across the state.
- The Arc sponsors a BINGO night usually once per month for adults (16 and up) with I/DD. BINGO is held at The SPOT, another United Way Agency and everyone wins!
- The Arc, partnering with The Women of The Moose, sponsors 6 annual dances, usually for certain holidays or seasonal changes, throughout the year.
- These dances are for adults (16 and up) with I/DD.
- They are held at The Moose Lodge from 7 pm until 9 pm.
- The Arc sponsors group outings for adults (16 and up) with I/DD to go out and see our hometown Wilson Tobs at 10 games during the baseball season.
- We typically go to the Thirsty Thursday games where soft drinks are 1/2 price.